Sunday, June 12, 2011

Why can't I get a programming job


Why can't I get a programming job?
I've been in college for 7 years now. I have diplomas in programming, game-programming, and general arts and science, but all companies want 5+ years work-experience in programming... How is it possible for graduates to get jobs when most businesses won't higher people without at least 5 years experience? The only work I can find is freelance (mostly doing assignments for college students) and that only pays like $5-10 an hour because of outsourcing. How do I get a job as a programmer that doesn't pay peanuts?
Programming & Design - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
it's all 6-mo contract work now, thanks to clinton. sold our jobs overseas to where there were no jobs for quite a while. so programmers have fought back and started creating Open Source Software and taking donations for it. I am one of them, but I have not yet started to take donations for my projects because I am unsure about PCI Compliance. I may have to put my projects on SourceForge.net or GitHub.
2 :
You take the job that pays peanuts to start building some experience and move up as you get the chance. In this wonderful economy, peanuts is better than no nuts any day



 Read more discussions :