Tuesday, September 8, 2009

* Has anyone ever freelanced in Graphic Design? Is i... * What to do about a job * Could a UK freelance website designer answer my qu... * I need a NON SECRETARIAL job, but need to go back ... * Is there some kind of bias happening against India... * where can i find make up artist job in manila phil... * Every time we fight he throws a low blow and tells... * If I am a makeup artist assistant can I get a MAC ...


I wish to get a job writing for a website, but have never been published. How can I break in?
I have a B.A. in English from a top school and a few years of experience working as an office assistant and transcriber. I want to write freelance for an online web site, but I have yet to be published anywhere. How can I break in? Some honest advice would be appreciated. Thanks.
Other - Careers & Employment - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Write your freelance articles and publish them @ http://www.ezinearticles.com ezinearticles is BIG, check this out http://www.quantcast.com/ezinearticles.com You can setup an account for free and publish your own articles. After you have some quality articles published on this site as examples for future employers I'm sure it would be much easier to get a job doing what you want. You may even find a way to make a little spare money with the articles you write =D
2 :
You can get a website, or a blog of your own. And begin building a portfolio. At the same time, you can get exposure and after a while ( week, month, year. All depends on your skill and luck) you could have a few offers, or idealisticly... have some groups bidding over you. Technically speaking you could do this all free, but everything free comes with a catch. Advertisements, limitations in size, length and frequency of posts. I enjoy building websites as a hobby, and would be willing to work in conjunction with you to provide you with blogs, forums and the such. Just check here http://ihost.roleplayrevival.com



Read more discussions :