Sunday, November 28, 2010

would this be considered a job for my resume


would this be considered a job for my resume?
I'm trying to write my CV I just filled in all my volunteer work, now i'm at the job section. I'm a freelance makeup artist, I've been doing some freelance work (makeup artist for events and such) would that be considered a job to put on my resume or should I leave it out? I'm also hoping to get a job somewhere in the cosmetology field: probably in retail for now, at a counter or something. i'm 16, 17 in about a month never had a job. only babysat i charge though =/
Adolescent - 4 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
yes.u can put it on ur resume as volunteering experience
2 :
Yes, you can definitely put it as a job, it was a job after all! Seeing as you were freelance, you obviously can't put who you worked for, but I'd recommend that you give some examples of places that you worked, and some of the events. You can put the babysitting as well though, because although that's not official 'work', it is still something that you're paid for, and it still proves that you have qualities like having to have good communication skills and are able to take responsibility - which an employer will look for when recruiting people for a job! Hope this helps. x
3 :
Everything counts! Even if your going for a IT job you still need to put down past jobs that don't relate (the IT thing was just an example), it's not just about them seeing what related jobs you have had it's about the whole experience, getting a job means you have independence and they can rely on you to turn up to work. Also it means you have had experience of the "real world" and all of these things contribute to getting a job, your boss would feel happier knowing you can do all of these things. So yes you should definitely put it down and any other experiences in life that you think would help. =]
4 :
I would not recommend you put that down on your Job history section. Especially if your not a licensed Makeup artist in your state. I would put that down in your Volunteer section of your resume



 Read more discussions :