Monday, November 8, 2010

How can I land this job (ad sales -- newspaper


How can I land this job (ad sales -- newspaper)
I have worked writing for newspapers -- both articles and ads. I have lots of experience writing marketing copy for various freelance clients. I am Brainbench certified in advertising industry knowledge and business communications. I worked as an assistant in a TV ad department. I NEED this job even though my husband doesn't think it's the right job for me. I don't care we NEED one of us making a full time income. We both have suspended licenses from being unable to pay our fines because of employers not paying us earlier. Our self-employment isn't cutting it, partly because hubby can't get to jobs until I pay off his fines. I emailed my resume this morning and within a couple of hours she emailed me back and called me hoping I could meet her tomorrow morning. Hubby does NOT want me at this job because he thinks it will be too stressful. I am bipolar and do react poorly to stress but I have a lot of gifts and talents to bring to this job and I know I could do well. Any ad reps able to help me nail the interview questions?
Marketing & Sales - 1 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Nailing the interview isn't the question, but can you handle the job if you got it is. If you have the experience and knowledge, a good personality and dress professionally you'll do fine. To prepare for the interview google interviews and/or interview questions. As a writer I'm sure you can articulate well when speaking. But there is no one answer to nail an interview if you do the obvious right. You can have all the experience, credentials, personality, professionalism in the world, but for some reason the interviewer doesn't like you so you don't get the job, you just have to do your best you can. I'm a recruiter, so just do well and you'll do fine. Good luck



 Read more discussions :