Tuesday, November 4, 2008

How much should I charge for freelance photography


How much should I charge for freelance photography?
I have been asked to take a few pictures for a company and I am just starting out. It is about a 3 hour job and they will pay for my dinner since it is a night shoot and want the pictures to look non-professional, more candid.
Photography - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
$350 plus usage would be a minimum. I bill at $700 plus usage, but that has to do with the PR or media budget and clients past experience with my work. Being given dinner does not decrease your fee. It is what is called "expenses" always added to your invoice if not paid in advance. Candid does NOT mean non-professional. It only means non-posed, you work always should be professional.
2 :
I agree with fotoace. Dinner is a courtesy, not payment. If they are hiring a shooter, they DO want professional images and candid vs:formal has nothing to do with professional vs: non professional. If they wanted them to look non professional, they would be taking shots with their camera phones instead. The amount you should charge depends on your level of expertise. If you are just starting out, I am assuming you are either in school or just got out? If so, ask one of your professors what the market will bear for someone who has some skill but not much seasoning. If you have no formal training, I would recommend getting some, before charging for your services



 Read more discussions :