Saturday, November 1, 2008

How can I get a job in the advertising agency


How can I get a job in the advertising agency?
I graduated with a different degree than the career I'm pursuing. I've gone through several interviews with agencies but cannot seem to get a the full-time offer. I've gotten freelancing opportunities but I really want to be a in-house Graphic Designer for an agency because I prefer job security.
Other - Careers & Employment - 5 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
so your a telemarketer and SPAM kinda guy? ughh
2 :
You've gotta pay your dues. Start out in an entry-level job and work your way up. Or continue freelancing and let it be known that you want a full time position. I started out as a clerical worker when I wanted to be a copy writer or an ad buyer. In not too much time, I ended up a traffic manager and wrote copy, too.
3 :
THIS is a question I can answer, as it's my field. Get your book (portfolio) together, with at least 4-5 solid campaigns (that are beautifully designed and well thought-out.) Use those freelance gigs to get connections, make friends, start networking, get your face out there and your portfolio in people's hands. Don't stick to traditional print media, do full campaigns with non-traditional placement and interactive capabilities. Your freelance can eventually turn into a real job, either at that agency or another one where you have found a connection. There are also portfolio schools you can attend if you need help.
4 :
Look, no one can make a dancer, a musician or advertising people! They are born that way! Some think you can learn but there are always thinks which are, Lat's say question of talent. You have it or you don't. End of question. You have to take a look in totally different direction and branch. Don't you think?
5 :
Try to find somebody who knows somebody, that can put a good word-in for you



 Read more discussions :