Saturday, October 24, 2009

Is it possible to apply for a credit card in japan if you don't have a job neither some credit(shakkin)


Is it possible to apply for a credit card in japan if you don't have a job neither some credit(shakkin)?
I just left my job out of political reason and now, I need a credit card to start a freelance job. I don't had experience owning one before and also I don't have some credits or anything I need to pay. i also have money at bank, like around 18,000 usd. do you think it is possible for me to own a credit card? I'm living in Tokyo and I'm not Japanese. Thanks in advance.
Japan - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Usually, you can't have a credit card without a full-time job.
2 :
In my experience, if you are not Japanese, probably not. I remember the case of an Australian woman married to a Japanese man. She had Japanese citizenship, spoke fluent Japanese and worked for a Japanese company. However, Aeon Corporation denied her a credit card..."she was not Japanese enough" was their statement and the Japanese supreme court upheld their reasoning. Therefore, since you are not Japanese and have no job, I would say your chances are slim and none.
3 :
If you're not Japanese, you can't even work there " freelance ". You need a work visa for the job you had in the first place. I'd say you're not even in the country legally, so I guess the credit card isn't a good idea. And if you have $18,000, you don't need a credit card



 Read more discussions :