Sunday, June 1, 2008

Can a person live alone in your society


Can a person live alone in your society?
Can a person (man or woman) live alone in your society? I mean totally alone. Doing a freelance job online (from internet) and without talking to anyone except the shop keepers. If so explain it more? EDIT: Societies have to be developed to that state. 100% freedom should reign.
Gender Studies - 7 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Not without strange looks and speculation. EDIT: I found a woman that I could spend the rest of my life with, I think, but a lot of my friends are single.
2 :
If you get your shopping delivered from the supermarket, you'd never have to leave the house :-)
3 :
yes. Thy usually become very unstable though. The people i have met as they come out of such a lifestyle obviously have very poor interpersonal skills and are usually emotionally unwell. I know of people who live in shared houses who still have minimal contact with others. It seems like a very limiting and joyless way of living. I feel sorry for them.
4 :
Yes. We're all very connected technology-wise these days. We have telephones and the internet. I am disabled and can't get out so much but I am surrounded by critters and plants, and even before my illness never had any problem keeping myself amused. Some people actually can't (like my EX). They dread being alone - which tells me they're unhappy living in their own skin, always searching for distractions. We are only limited by our own imaginations: there are so many things to do from reading, writing articles/editing, to crafting to sewing to cleaning critter cages to washing pots and pans and cleaning bathrooms... its endless. Just thinking about cleaning tires me out! A person can be lonely in a crowd of people. Quantity is not necessarily quality.
5 :
why would you want to? this world is lonely enough without having to do it alone. maybe i donot understand your question but just imagine if you were the only person on the planet, every one else was gone. that would be totally alone. not good for me. every one needs input from others whether we realise it or not. every thing we know comes from experience. life is the teacher and other people is life
6 :
A person can do just about anything once they put their mind to it. I probably could; love people; only I'm not a real go out there and mingle with the crowd type.
7 :
It will be an abnormal and unhealthy life, but it is possible



 Read more discussions :