I do contract / freelance work from NC making approx 24k per year. When I file taxes on this work I do so with a 1099 misc. I'm filling out a W-4 for an out of state job in Florida (which will last 5 months). The W-4 is asking if I have more than one job... does the freelance work constitute as a job or not since it is not salary?
United States - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
Yes, it's taxable income so counts as a job.
Of course it counts as a job. By the way, onthe $24,000 contract job, have you held out $6000-$8000 plus for the taxes and sent them in for estimated tax payments already?
sure, it might be freelance but eventually it will be added to your regular income and cost taxes, plus you are paying your own SE tax on it
Read more discussions :
- How can I be a private English tutor in Shenzhen
- Graphic Designer: What's your job like
- Could help suggest the correct visa to get for liv...
- Good Place For Freelance Writing Jobs
- What is the best freelance website to find work/pr...
- How can I made Enough money Freelancing to Afford ...
- Can anybody suggest me some freelancing contentwri...
- Journalism jobs on the web--freelance