Saturday, February 12, 2011

Online Freelance Writing Jobs


Online Freelance Writing Jobs?
I am looking into making some extra income and was wondering about the field of freelance writing. I came across a site called realwritingjobs.com and others like it, and have read many (often contradicting!) reviews but since I have absolutely no experience when it comes to this issue, I can't tell which is legitimate and which is not. Please note that I am living in the middle east. Any thoughts/ideas/suggestions?
Other - Careers & Employment - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
This is the only site I've come across that is legit - ttps://contributor.yahoo.com/join.html?refer=900858 (if you click on this link, I will be able to see when you publish something and take a look). You get upfront payments for some articles (2 -15 bucks usually) and you also get paid for page views. I love it.
2 :
Real Writing Jobs, from what I have seen, is a scam. What you want is Demand Studios (a quick google search will get you the website). I'm working there right now, and I get about $30 to $60 an hour, depending on how fast I type. You write 400 word articles, each one gets you $15. There are other titles, ones for $5 and others for $25, but the most common is $15. Most of these are How-Tos that appear on eHow. There is no charge for joining up, you just have to submit a resume, so having previous writing experience is a must. I wrote a bunch of articles for Associated Content before, so that is how I got in. If you don't have experience yet, I suggest spending about a year writing for other websites, and then going to Demand Studios. Other websites that pay are Associated Content (about $3 to $15 upfront with residual), HubPages (residual), Squidoo (residual) and Bukisa. Good luck with your freelance venture. I'm making full-time income with Demand Studios now (over $50,000/year) and this has helped me get a lot of experience.
3 :
99% Online Jobs are Scam. Best of luck


 Read more discussions :