Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Is $75/hour a reasonable rate for a freelance photographer to charge



Is $75/hour a reasonable rate for a freelance photographer to charge?
A friend of mine does photography as a side gig. He has about 8 years experience. I'm not sure what type of camera he uses but I've seen his work and he does a pretty decent job. He's charging me $75/hr for engagement photos. What do you think?
Photography - 8 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
he's a friend for sure, $75 and hour is not reasonable it is a gift,...GAWD i wish i could find a photographer for seventy five an hour. but i don't need one i do my own shoots, and don't forsee getting married (my lovely and talented wife would have a fit, i think)
2 :
It depends upon the day rate he has agreed upon with the clients and what usage rights are included in his rate. I charge $350 per day (three to four hours of shooting and three or four hours of post-shoot work. Usage is based upon a standard fee schedule I have and append as the cost of doing business goes up.
3 :
Geez. I'm guessing you're from somewhere with a high cost of living. My brother in law is a photographer, one of the best in the district. He charges $40/hr + travel expenses + film
4 :
Why don't you ask to be charged for the whole day. I think it's way cheaper if its over 4 hours of shooting.
5 :
Your freind is giving you a great break.... Unless he's expecting to take dozens of hours... Most would charge hundreds per hour. Is he slamming you on prints??
6 :
hes half my rate a
7 :
You're getting a good deal. I would charge twice that and for the prints.
8 :
Like the others, he might be cutting you a deal since you are friends. I charge $300 for 3 hours of shooting for events and such



 Read more discussions :