Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Can I emigrate to Canada, yet work remotely in my current job


Can I emigrate to Canada, yet work remotely in my current job?
I own my own company and also do a little freelance. I'm a designer so there's no need for me to be located in any particular place. I'm based in the UK but I cannot stand it here. I'd rather move to the US, Canada or Australia (in that order). What are my options?
Other - Careers & Employment - 0 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
You are self employed and can work remotely. You can relocate to wherever you want. You may want to consider the length of time it will take you to make the move. I know it takes on average 2 years to have your application processed to Canada. Being self employed may be a problem because Canada immigration may require you to demonstrate you have the funds to set up your own business. I think the US may be similar to Canada. You may want to consider the skilled worker program rather than the business program because of the finance requirement. Check out the canadian immigration website. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/index.asp



 Read more discussions :