Monday, November 24, 2008

Has anyone here earned decent money doing freelance work


Has anyone here earned decent money doing freelance work?
I want to quit my 9-5 job for the freedoms of being a freelancer. I wonder if it's worth the switch and if anyone has made it through, where they earn enough to pay their monthly bills. Thanks.
Other - Careers & Employment - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
I have made a fair amount of money, but nothing to live on. I've kept my 9-5 and done freelance on the side. It IS quite possible to be a successful freelancer (if there's a demand for your type of work) but there is a key component here, and that is..... You must be VERY organized and seeking out knew customers a LOT! It's really difficult, and freelance work isn't reliable in itself. But if you want it and you have a 6+ month emergency fund, go for it!
2 :
I have worked in freelance for a long time and to be honest, it really depends on your position. Are you doing web design, Customer Service, Copyrighting, writing articles, etc? It also depends really for who you work for and how long. I remember that I had gotten a good offer to make a book for $1K USD, but I didn't have enough time to do it so, I just declined the offer. Dumb I know, but I had school and yeah that's more important. So, again it truly depends on what type of freelance work you're doing. Sometimes you may even see a good offer while at other times you may see a bad offer. I wouldn't recommend quitting your job as freelance is on-demand basis and there won't always be offers available to pay the bills. If you want to make a living than maybe you should think about selling some of your work over the net like web designs or services that you can offer to companies and individuals, but be warned, there's no guarantee that you'll make a living from this it's a huge chance and you can do this at your own risk. I hope this helps you out



 Read more discussions :