Monday, October 4, 2010

I have an English Literature degree from Zayed U. I'm a 20-something Emirati woman. What job should I get?


I have an English Literature degree from Zayed U. I'm a 20-something Emirati woman. What job should I get?
It should be home-based, too. Ideally, the job would entail writing columns for a magazine/newspaper, writing fiction or poetry. It can be freelance or contract-based, it doesn't matter to me. I'm really in a slump because I spent five years at Zayed University and now I really want to write but don't know where to start, who to turn to. What publications pay the best? Should I write in English or Arabic? I need help!
United Arab Emirates - 1 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
You can get in touch with the leading English as well as Arabic newspapers mainly Gulf News, Khaleej Times, Gulf Today and in Arabic Al-Khaleej, Al Bayan, Al Ittehad by mail or in person. Meet the guy/woman who is in charge of Opinion or edit pages or any of their magazine in charge, show him/her what you plan to write about and if possible what you have written in the past. if you have this strong urge to write, you must not let this thing die out. You can contribute to any of the papers mentioned above by sending them your coverage of any event like fashion show, food festival or any other happenings in the city or story etc. Tell you something, until and unless you are a top-notch writer, you are not paid well for your contribution. There is just this big satisfaction that your name has appeared along with your column or you felt satisfied in putting your message across. For further information and possible discussion you can get in touch with me by e-mail. All the best



 Read more discussions :