Friday, September 24, 2010

Can dance be a substitute for exercise


Can dance be a substitute for exercise?
I really need to lose weight. The problem is, I have trouble finding the time and motivation to exercise. I'm not a morning person so morning exercise is out of the question. I'm lucky if I can get ready and out the door on time. At night, I have freelance jobs I work on. I do, however, pop in a Martin & Lewis video (movie, colgate hour, etc.) to relax and wind down enough for bed. There are some vaudville tap dance/dance routines that they do at the end of colgate hour. There are also a couple routines in some of their movies. I thought about making a DVD with these routines and adding The Charleston. In place of exercise, I would do these routines since I have so much fun with them. Would this give me as much benefit as normal aerobic exercise or less benefit?
Women's Health - 7 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
ok, quick and easy - park at the farthest corner of the parking lot at work and walk. evening, use the bean to watch tv and keep moving on it. do floor exercises while watching tv. use hand weights to strengthen your arms. And yes dance can substitute to exercise, so turn those tunes up loud and go for it!
2 :
Definately!
3 :
thats works just make sure you eat right and do ti for atleast 30 min.
4 :
Of course, any exercise is good exercise.. and like you said its fun and keeps you motivated Good luck
5 :
of course it will. also dance can be fun and considerably easier than exercise becuase you are just having so much fun and working all of your body parts without thinking.
6 :
Dancing is great exercise, but it needs to be kinda vigorous to become aerobic... Remember you are trying to get your pulse up and keep it up for at least 20 minutes to enter the aerobic state... The more out of shape you are, the easier it is to get there... I used to be 200 pounds overweight and walking a mile in 20 minutes was enough to get me into an aerobic state (for me a pulse of 140 was the goal, but 120-130 did the trick). Look up aerobic exercise on google for info on how high your pulse needs to be for your situation... good luck!!! Best, Ed, RN ps: even if it isn't an aerobic experience for you, dancing is a great way to tone muscles and build endurance, so it is still a great exercise regardless....
7 :
dancing is a great exercise to help loose weight


Read more discussions :