Thursday, September 16, 2010

Freelance Writer Seeking Jobs


Freelance Writer Seeking Jobs?
I am a beginning freelance writer who has just started getting jobs. I wanted to see if any of you out there had knowledge of organizations, websites, etc. where I could advertise at no charge for my services? I can't really afford to advertise yet but I am an award winning writer and poet. If you have any suggestions, I would greatly appreciate it! Thanks! I am 43 years old with a degree in Liberal Arts. I have written short stories, am currently working on a novel and have won awards in poetry. Yet, it is hard to get a start in writing so I decided to freelance it. I was the Editor of my High School newspaper, wrote for my college magazine and have won several prizes in short story competitions. But I would like to ultimately have a business as a freelancer that is at least slightly lucrative. I write fiction, non-fiction, articles and poetry. I just finished a freelance series on time managment for a Canadian magazine. Also, I am a Certified Paralegal with extensive proofing experience (line by line). I used to work for Texaco's legal division writing and proofing legal contracts for the drilling of oil and gas. Additionally, I have written standard procedure for several organizations including a bank and a CPA firm.
Other - Careers & Employment - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
you can write for me volunteer job if you like . I am editorial cartoonist
2 :
You might want to try Indeed, which searches jobs from across the Web and includes some freelance jobs: http://www.indeed.com/jobs?q=freelance+writer&l=&sort=relevance&sp=1 For advertising your services, you might consider Craigslist, which should allow you to post your capabilities for free. Best of luck, Jason
3 :
You did not say anything about yourself. How old are you ? Did you have any writing experience. What are the subjects you can write on. Do you have any materials to show your writing skills ? If you are new in this field, you have a rough road ahead. I suggest that you write free articles and reports to small local newspapers, magazines, etc. Then only you can say that you have published over 100 articles and " I can do something for you



 Read more discussions :