Monday, June 28, 2010

Freelance work for Architectural Design / 3D Rendering


Freelance work for Architectural Design / 3D Rendering?
Hi. Where do I find a lot of job postings looking for freelancers who do Architectural Designs / 3D rendering? I know Craigslist has a lot of employers looking for freelancers but most of them are on graphic designs, illustrations, and web design/development. Thanks!
Drawing & Illustration - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
If you have a licensed and professional degree in architecture, you have a great scope to pursue careers in allied fields like structural engineering and industrial design which deals with more technical aspects of architecture. There are other career options like interior designing, theatre and set design, designing for commercial events including graphic designing. These are some of the best options where you can display your creative and imaginative skills. Read more at: http://www.inform.websiteuniversity.org/Article/Architecture-Jobs--High-Demand-For-Professionals/114454
2 :
there should be something like that on this site, its just a matter of getting the right stuff on it in your portfolio
3 :
I am a freelance designer and illustrator, so I can tell you the "hustling" on the streets to find clients is a MAJOR part of what I do. Here is one suggestion on how to get work like what you've described. Do some research and find the names of architectural firms, contractors and related businesses. Then, go out and find the buildings and installations these businesses have done. Then spend some time doing renderings of those locations. It doesn't matter if they are commercial or residential properties. If you can make some good drawings and elevations, call them and make an appointment to show your work. They can better relate your work to the projects with which they are familiar. For example, I located some beautiful homes in a nearby community and learned who the developer of the properties was. I took photographs of a few of the best looking models and, in my studio, I did a series of color renderings using color markers. (my favorite color medium at that time) I made an appointment with the architect that worked with that developer and showed him the drawings. She immediately recognized the properties and we spent a pleasant hour discussing the features of the buildings and how I captured them on paper. She put me in touch with the developer and that led to my first assignment with them, reinterpreting the conceptual drawings they already had for new project. They liked my interpretations, so, from there, I got two more assignments that year to work up concept drawings from their architectural plates. THAT connection got me in touch with two more clients. For one thing, they are less likely to hire a stranger that answers an ad on Craigslist when they already know artists that have already done work for them. But, if you can show them YOUR work, based on projects THEY'VE done, you will have shown them the connection between their work and what you can do for them. Yes, it means that you'll be doing a lot of work "for free," but look at it as a form of practice. The pieces are still yours, whether you get hired or not, and, if they are that good, they can be included in your portfolio. And, if they are NOT that good, they you'll know why you didn't get hired and help you rethink this end of the business. I generated three new clients this way, involving about eight or ten different projects


 Read more discussions :