Sunday, May 16, 2010

What brand and specs of a laptop should I buy as a graphic designer


What brand and specs of a laptop should I buy as a graphic designer?
I work in a regular office hour for a design firm and I still want to do some freelancing job to earn extra extra...I'm thinking of buying a laptop and because of so many brands out there and I'm confuse of what is more productive but not so expensive...I obviously want to use it for multimedia design. Help!
Laptops & Notebooks - 6 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Macbook. Because of it's simplicity and easy layout. And plus it works very well.
2 :
more cores on a processor is better for editing/graphic design. if you can, get a quad core, they will run really well. more ram helps performance. a wider screen means you can have more area to work with.
3 :
I recommend Dell. HP. They are good. You can have a look at these deals for them. http://www.dealstudio.com/viewsavings.php?deals_group_id=38&ru=283
4 :
i find the apple macbook air pretty good. its light and portable. Comes with photoshop and all that good stuff. Or alienwares. Pricey but come with lots of good software.
5 :
i would go with one that has at least a 2ghz dual core (if its amd make sure ist a turion ultra) 4gb ram and an ati hd3650 or an nvidia 9600 or higher
6 :
I recommend Sony vaio coz its powerful for photoshop.....or an HP coz that is cheap, buy one with brightview XVGA screen great for graphics, and very reliable for under $1,000 bucks. I bought my HP for a graphic design exhibit project at laptopshoppers.com



 Read more discussions :