Thursday, April 1, 2010

What do freelance court reporters (or other self employed people) do to earn extra money when work is slow


What do freelance court reporters (or other self employed people) do to earn extra money when work is slow?
I'm a court reporter that does 95 percent deposition work. Sometimes (especially the summer) I will only end up working 1 day a week. I can't stand sitting around when everyone else is working. What are good ways to make some extra money when work is slow. (It's hard to get a part time job because my scheadule changes from one day to the next and I would like to keep CR my main career.)
Small Business - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Hi there, getting a 2nd job is also not great cause you'll be paying more tax. Employees get hit hardest. Have you considered a business of your own that you can work at as time affords?
2 :
Good question. Maybe as a part time receptionist in a law office



 Read more discussions :