Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Full time uk student doing bits of freelance, how do i work out tax


Full time uk student doing bits of freelance, how do i work out tax?
This is abit complicated but I am going to try and explain the best I can. I live in the uk where i am a full time student, i have just finished at a job working mon-fri 9-5, since april 08 i earnt £5500 and paid £565 in tax. I worked out online i am due a rebate of around £450 becuase I will be an unemployed full time student from now until the end of the tax year. But to complecate this I will be doing the odd bit of freelance work in my final year, i am not self employed as i am a full time student but i need to invoice the person i do freelance for. I am going to still get the rebate and then do i need to declare the money i get from the freelance and will i have to pay tax, i just have no idea what i am meant to do...? Any help, advice, links would be awesome =] Thanks
United Kingdom - 1 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Correct me if I am wrong and ask the Inland Revenue but I am sure I was told by an accountant years ago that initially one can experiment and see if it works out to do a little bit of self employed work. I might be wrong - ask the Inland Revenue or an accountant



 Read more discussions :