Monday, February 8, 2010

I just started a new job in an office setting, My experience is freelancing and project based, so I need some


I just started a new job in an office setting, My experience is freelancing and project based, so I need some?
tips on general office ediquitee, how to function with other people. What's the real deal that noone wants to speak of? Maybe even common since for some. How do you get inline with the flow. I don't want to loose my individuality, but I also don't want to be a pesty rebel.
Other - Careers & Employment - 1 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
The first, and most important thing is to be courteous of everyone. You should also always be professional. Offices can be a lot like high school, with popular groups, and unpopular groups. Take the high road and avoid becomming part of office gossip. If someone tries to gossip with you, you can listed, but don't offer your opinion. You can defray the situation, if someone asks you to participate by saying, "Hey, I just work here," and smiling. Being considerate to everyone goes a long way as well. Don't stink up the whole office with your re-heated enchaladas from the night before.... or worse yet, onions. Heated onions can make a person's eyes water. Don't speak too loudly on the phone, and don't air your personal business out in front of everyone. My coworker fights with his wife on the phone all the time, and everyone around him can hear it. It makes us uncomfortable. You should do fine if you just treat people how you would like to be treated and maintain professionalism



 Read more discussions :