Saturday, May 1, 2010

Rates of a photography job


Rates of a photography job?
Hi, I'm thinking of doing a few freelance jobs for some people and I really need a guide as to how much to charge. What are the going hourly rates of an average photographer? Taking into account the travelling to location, editting and printing. Any help would be greatly appreciated, 10 points best answer, thanks! I've been photographing for the best part of 5 years Here's my work in the link, I'm only an amteur photographer but I'm looking to break through and earn money from it as it is my passion. I've done a few free jobs for various people to spread my name around. http://www.flickr.com/photos/jamesgreen321/ I have a certificate in advanced photo editting, and also I would be usign a dslr with a variety of lenses as well as a tripod. The location depends on the customer.
Photography - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Explain somethings first: Level of Experience Years of experience Any Degree or Diploma or a certificate? Equipment Location And kindly show to everyone your portfolio.
2 :
The working rate is aroudn $50 to $125 an hour. The reason is simple due to the fact that you may have to re-edit the pics slightly in Photoshop and then, print a copy the person to see in case other touch-ups are required. The rate is justified if you know your stuff and it covers any extra or hidden cost that may arise. No need to show diplomas. Experience is what counts and the ability to believe in what you do. Go for it if that is going to be your bread and butter. Print some business card, advertise for weddings, private corporate parties etc.... you need exposure to get the name around.



 Read more discussions :