Saturday, June 12, 2010

I am Bilingual (English-Spanish) How do I advertise my skills to become a freelance Translator



I am Bilingual (English-Spanish) How do I advertise my skills to become a freelance Translator?
I would like an idea on how to advertise my skills and obtain a job/project as a translator, and I would also like to know of a good website where to start. I tryed Sologig.com but it seems that translation is not very popular in that website.
Small Business - 5 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
try freelance.com, or scriptlance.com....and Craigslist.com
2 :
Are you in the U.S. or Mexico? I used to be a freelancer before I got a full time job. Anyway, I started as an English teacher. People would go there and ask for translators, and not all the teachers liked to translate, or had time to do it. So I did it, and that's how I got my clients. Also you can advertise yourself on your local newspaper, that also worked for me. Or just make some flyers and post them around town....well that's the old fashion way, or try the websites listed above. You can also try universities and businesses. Once you get a client, and if you do a good job, they come back and refer you to other people.
3 :
I think it would be best if you get cetified. My husband is certified, he gets more pay. It would be worth it for you. It would give you credibility. Most people get certified because, there are legal issue about properly translating especilaly if you are working in medical field. Unless you plan to voulunteer your services?
4 :
You are pretty fortunate that you are bilingual.Try signing up at these websites for free and advertise your skills. www.freelancewriting.com www.elance.com www.digitalforums.com www.freelanceportfolio.com You can contact me for more because i am also a writer. I could be of much assistance to you.
5 :
Hi, I don't intentionally mean for this to sound like an advertisment, but I am serousley looking for a business associate who speaks Spanish. Feel free to contact me if you wish. Many thanks


 Read more discussions :