Friday, November 12, 2010

What job title should I give myself


What job title should I give myself?
I'm starting a home-based research & consultancy business. My background is in market research and I'll be developing some research reports on a freelance basis. I don't want to give myself a grandiose title like CEO or Managing Director when it's a one-man operation. Research Consultant perhaps, but that was my title when I was fresh college graduate. Any other ideas?
Small Business - 7 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
How about Senior Research Consultant ?
2 :
Put - "Owner" by your name
3 :
Why not simply "Consultant?"
4 :
How 'bout Professional Research Consultant
5 :
I would keep it simple and call yourself a Research Consultant. It is accurate, direct and to the point. Your primary function, as far as your clients are concerned is as a RC. Makes the most sense. Besides in the business world everyone has a useless title that is merely a reflection of the specific function. As a one man show, or a small house agency why would that be necessary?
6 :
It depends on the illusion you are trying to present to your potential clientele. If you are targeting business owners, CEO, VP, CFO then Owner is a good idea. If you are targeting big business with Department Heads then you want a humble title like Market Engineer/Director or something to that affect. Do you want everyone to know you are a one man op? Or do you want the illusion that you are a successful company that can meet anyone's demands?
7 :
Engineering Research Consultant


 Read more discussions :