Thursday, May 28, 2009

Where can I find salary and job outlook information



Where can I find salary and job outlook information?
I'm doing a report on the magazine industry. I am interested in finding out the average salary of staff writers and freelance writers. Also, I want to know what the outlook is for the field and about publications that welcome first time writers. I've already tried salary.com and those types of websites. IS there any magazine association with this information?
Careers & Employment - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
a; call the HR dept of several magazines. b; the US dept of comerce has the outlook data you seek. do you mean magazines associated with? probably. but stick to gov bodies; that is their job to know this.
2 :
I would check with the bureau of labor statistics. They report all information about jobs, growth, and outlook.
3 :
salary.com- get the free basic report on different positions google the Bureau of Labor Statistics- this site has alot of info. on many job categories



 Read more discussions :