Friday, May 8, 2009

Should I get paid for my Freelance Work


Should I get paid for my Freelance Work?
Since April I have been developing a web page for this person. She wanted me to organize all her horses she was selling. Mainly it would be a page that displayed a brief listing of her horses she is selling and you would click on "more" which will give a bigger picture of the horse and contact information on the owner of the horse. The work is done and before it started, since it was my first freelance job. I told her "when the work is done, pay me what you think I am worth" Being though I have a Associates degree in Multimedia. I am worth a little bit more. The server she has picked out is a bad server but it is where she has done her business so she doesn't want to change it to any other one. It is called SquareSpace if anyone has heard of it. The only thing I can do is upload it to the File Storage which really isn't meant for HTML. It doesn't support html files or FTP Transfer. I have it uploaded to the file storage where the only difference is her extension is "storage/main.html" but she just wants it to her www.(companyaddress).com Which is impossible to do. The work I have done for her is online through the File Storage but she doesn't want it that way. She complains that she is 2 months behind her deadline. When I do have everything online? So she should probably pay me right? Suggestions?
Other - Careers & Employment - 1 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
You can't just expect to get paid after the work has been done when there was no contract to begin with. And with all due respect, I really hope you're not writing the content for her pages since your writing skills are sub par at best. If you wish to be paid for any services in the future then it needs to be established upfront, not after the fact


 Read more discussions :