Sunday, April 12, 2009

Possible Freelance Graphic Art project, what should I charge per hour



Possible Freelance Graphic Art project, what should I charge per hour?
I have the job of trying to turn a detailed photo into an graphic so it can be screen printed. Which will take a while trying to do piece by piece depending on how detailed they want this. Then add a few elements and text to the image. It's for a friend of my father's so I don't want to charge him too terribly much, but I don't want to cheat myself either. Any thoughts on what would be reasonable would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
Other - Visual Arts - 1 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
if it's original art , $25 hr. No exceptions. If they supply the artwork and all your doing is the prep for screen, then I'd charge by peice. Say $500 for the whole thing, half up front. This is going to entail adding in the text, then splitting it into cmyk which is no big deal, but it's YOUR machine, time, and knowledge doing this. I made a flyer for Creative Labs once, Took a whole half an hour. The deal was for anything in the catalog. Turned out to be a $550 sound card. Put my rate at $1100 hr. When we do farm work, it's because THEY either can't or they're overwhelmed and have to. They are at OUR mercy not the other way around. Personally I could probably knock this project out in about an hour. That's going slow



 Read more discussions :