Sunday, March 8, 2009

How do I write an email to my contact list explaining I am moving to another job with poise


How do I write an email to my contact list explaining I am moving to another job with poise?
I am leaving the position of associate editor at a magazine and will be moving into the freelance field. I would like to alert my contacts that I will no longer be with X company--but as a freelance agent. I do not want to insinuate I am leaving for any particular reason, or because there was a problem with my current employer. I of course want them to update their information with my new contact info.
Other - Business & Finance - 4 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
just let them know you have came across a better job that allows you to be a freelance agent and then ask them to update their contact info with the new email address and phone number.
2 :
Just let them know you want to continue in your field but just felt the need to free your wings and explore new avenues. Give praises to your current company (employer) in the letter and emphasize that there were no problems previous or current with your current company. Oh ... and tell them to switch their contact database!
3 :
First of all, was the problem with your current employer the fact that you write that you are 'moving to another job with poise?' The new job has poise? The best idea is to just get a new e-mail address and send that new e-mail address to all your contacts. You don't need to explan anything until you are asked to explain.
4 :
Well, why did you go into freelance? Even if you left your old position because of some personality conflict or something, you still could have gone directly into a similar position at another magazine. If this is a long-term desire, you could say that "I am leaving my position as associate editor for ____ to realize my long-term dream of writing freelance." You could also say that "I'm leaving my good friends and colleagues at ____ to pursue independent opportunities." There's no need to say anything that is the slightest bit negative about your former employer or employment...focus on where you are going and why you chose that path, not on why you left and the reasons for that. Look forward, not behind


 Read more discussions :