Sunday, February 8, 2009

boring stable job vs exciting unstable job


boring stable job vs exciting unstable job?
I want to be a 3d computer artist for feature movie. But, it's freelancing job. So, it's not stable. But, I really want to do. My parents want me to be a teacher because I'm good at teaching and I have good experience since I've tutored for many years. Teaching job has good benefits, summers off, and stable. But, teaching job is not that exciting. I don't know what I need to choose
Other - Careers & Employment - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Do the 3D computer artist job. Definitely, 100% easy choice, do it do it do it. Its something you really want to do, you can't beat that for anything as far as jobs go! Besides, if you're really fired up about it and you go out there and do an awesome job, I promise you someone will notice your work. Its like chess, you gotta think more than one move ahead. They'll notice your work, and you might get approached with an extension or another job offer with someone else. If it doesn't work out, you know you can always return to teaching as your Plan B. And you'll know about the 3d rendering, you'll have experience, and then you can really pick one or the other since you've also taught in the past. Best of luck, I'm rootin' for ya!!
2 :
It all depends on what you truly want. Are you ready to accept the pros and cons of your selected job. The way I see is if you work a boring job, that you don't like. Your work performance will be crappy and you won't be a pleasant worker to be around. If you select a job you are passionate about? You have to ask yourself are you willing to do what it takes to succeed in it. Have you considered all aspects of the job? Such as work environment. Typical hours spent working. Do you have a life outside the job? Does it provide benefits? There is more to a job than "it looks exciting." When you add in all aspects of the job sonetimes it cancels out the fun. I am a graphic design senior and regret that I didn't examine all aspects of the career, before spending 6 years in College for it. I was only looking at the designing aspect, but did not know about attention to deadlines, high stress, no sleep, long, long, hours at the computer, Client rejects something you worked on for hours without any sleep. Just research throughly before you choose a career. I suggest you find out who you are as person. What are your passions. What makes you happy? What do you enjoy? What are your other goals and interests in life? Pick something that does not force you to change who you are or makes it hard for you to enjoy your other interests. good luc



 Read more discussions :