Friday, February 20, 2009

Graphic Designer Needs help Freelancing/Job/Motivation



Graphic Designer Needs help Freelancing/Job/Motivation?
Any Graphic Designers out there that can give me tips on how to start Freelancing or getting prepared to find a design job in New York, I have my Associates Degree on Graphic Design, but I never did any Freelancing, after I was done with school, I just went straight to retail, its been a year just quit my job and I am trying to get ready for a new job as a Designer. But I feel so lost and alone, I already have both my online Portfolio and my Portfolio Book just need to fix them. Any tips on how to Start my way as a would be great Thanks.
Drawing & Illustration - 1 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
I feel for you. When I started freelancing it was a nightmare. Finding clients, promoting myself, and so on. There's a lot that I could tell you about how to get started but it would take forever and this really isn't the easiest place to dump massive amounts of information for an answer. However, you should check out a site called FreelanceSwitch. It's a place specially made to guide freelance designers and writers. They write articles and have an "amazing" free podcast archive where they tackle new freelancing topics every episode. It helped me out so so much when I was starting out and I really recommend you check it out. FreelanceSwitch: http://freelanceswitch.com/ FreelanceSwitch Podcast (aka: Freelance Radio): http://freelanceswitch.com/podcasts



 Read more discussions :