Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Career or Job ideas in the Media Industry



Career or Job ideas in the Media Industry?
I need some ideas to help me in my job search. I've been freelancing for a little while and worked on a few television series. I need a career path with AV, media, video production. Any advise?
Other - Careers & Employment - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
choose something that you will like doing 12 hrs a day 7 days a week potentially. Also remember that the media industry has more than just straight production jobs available. There is project management, rights clearance, writing, location scouting, engineering, graphics, etc. I would say keep freelancing in as many different positions while you decide and see if you land in one you like. Be open to any opportunity.
2 :
Wow - that's great. Didn't realize someone else in my network freelanced. I am a freelance writer, though. I can see that you're an editor. Have you considered advertising? Or, perhaps, working with a non-profit agency that needs to create PSA's? That's what some of the editors I know are doing. I've been also looking for work myself, so I hear ya. It really depends which job market you're in. But yeah, you should also keep your eye out for post-production calls, a lot of documentarians that haven't entered into production yet, are always looking for editors. good luck



 Read more discussions :