Saturday, December 20, 2008

I want to get a job one day writing funny commercials or writing for a funny show



I want to get a job one day writing funny commercials or writing for a funny show?
I'm a funny guy, not to mention modest.My creative juices are always flowing and I'm always thinking up crazy stories/scenarios/sketches... My dream job would be just brainstorming funny commercial ideas, obviously one day being able to produce/write my own movie would be spectacular. I've thought of doing some stand up at the local improv's open mic nites, and many of my friends are encouraging me to. But what about from an educational stand point? Any majors that would help me? I'm still in school and I don't want to chase some pipe dream of living my life from freelancing, I'd like to go to school for something steady, so if that major can be transferable to a lot of good jobs, I'm for it! advice?
Theater & Acting - 4 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
start by writing funny columns in your local paper, submitting funny articles and stories to magazines. When you have become known as a funny writer, you will get offers to write funny commericals and maybe a funny show.
2 :
There are several ways to get started. To gain experience, try freelancing. Here are some open positions you could try to get on a freelance basis: elance humor writers wanted Jokezine's original satirical humor writing. If you have humorous fiction or nonfiction writing, feel free to submit it: jokezinesubmission@yahoo.com, submission on subject line. http://jokezine.com/freelance.html Wanted: humour writers If you can tickle a funny bone or two with your wit and sarcasm, do write for us. JAM is looking for writers to do: a) MAD style movie spoofs (you do the script, we'll take care of the cartoons) b) Satirical articles on current topics. Such as Sunita Williams orbiting the earth without a bath for 6 months... (you get the idea) c) Original khaak e shayari d) Braking news e) Topical PJs f) Or well... just about anything. Do not send me random blog links, just one sample of your best work. And what you think you can do next... Email rashmi_b at yahoo.com. Writers, freelance or full-time: Humor writers wanted for dialogue, characters, one-liners, and games geared to college students and young professionals. Ground-floor opportunity at start-up social networking and collaborative entertainment site. Pays $15-25 an hour, depending on experience. Email clips/samples and resume to mll2525 - at - yahoo.com Writer wanted: Screenwriter wanted Would like to hire someone to write a 20 page screenplay. It would be a romantic comedy about a man trying to maintain a relationship with two women at the same time... Not slapstick comedy, looking for intelligent humor along the lines of Albert Brooks or Woody Allen. Need someone adept at keeping things interesting with limited locations and limited characters (1 man, 2 women). Payment involved?: Please provide your own price quote. Include with submission: Please submit samples of previous work as well as price quote. Submission e-mail: bigrich70@yahoo.com As far as your college degree, you could get a double major in English and Screen/Playwriting or Business and Screen/Playwriting. This will give you a broader spectrum and will also give you the experience/background for a wide variety of jobs. Good luck with your career search.!!!
3 :
That is so funny, I was thinking the same thing. The commercials out there now are so stupid. I know I could make so much money with a way better scenario. And I am SOOOOO sick of those drug commercials. Do yo hear all the side effects? You are better off suffering with the origional issue.
4 :
Well there is this in Britain. You could always try a major college system and utilize the Entire Drama Department and try to pick a specialty from there. Good Luck



 Read more discussions :