Monday, December 8, 2008

Do you need a license to work as a makeup artist in Florida


Do you need a license to work as a makeup artist in Florida?
I've heard that you can get fined if you are caught doing freelance makeup work without a license. I don't want to work for anyone, but simply do makeup as a freelance job for special occasions on my own. Can anyone clear this up, please? =)
Makeup - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
I did a little searching and couldn't really find anything except that you have to be licensed unless you're selling it, like Avon, MaryKay, or even cosmetic counters. But I also read that many places like that require you to have a license. But even if you don't need a license to do freelance work, I would suggest getting it anyway, because its more appealing to people. (Think about it, being able to say you're truthfully 'licensed' rather then just a random person trying to make some money doing peoples makeup...it just sounds more professional) And that way, you'll always have your license just incase. You can email someone on your state board of cosmetology and ask as well, heres the site for florida http://www.myflorida.com/dbpr/pro/cosmo/index.html Hope this helps... I've been looking into stuff like this myself, so it give me some extra info. too.
2 :
No license needed



 Read more discussions :