Monday, March 16, 2009

I want my character to be a freelance writer.


I want my character to be a freelance writer...?
But I don't know if that is practical. I had her move to NY and end up with a job as a freelance writer. Do magazines and/or newspapers hire freelancers often? And if so, is this a job that is more at the bottom of the field than say beign an editor or something? Thanks.
Books & Authors - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
better to make her a bit actress.
2 :
Freelance writer? I'm not sure if a magazine would hire any person off the street to write for them. It seems unpractical. How about if she's a tabloid reporter? They don't care whether a writer is qualified or not, they basically just need to speak English and have a wild imagination. (And really, they wouldn't care too much if you can't do either.)
3 :
I know this company will hire freelance writers



 Read more discussions :