Saturday, March 28, 2009

PLEASE READ AND HELP ME!!! Career Dilemma, Turned Down Because of Freelance Career



PLEASE READ AND HELP ME!!! Career Dilemma, Turned Down Because of Freelance Career?
I am 25 and live in NYC, I graduated in May 2004 with a degree in Communications. Since then I have been doing freelance work. I have made OK money, but at this point one of the problems is that I don't have health insurance, although, I am healthy. I have been trying to find a permanent job, but the problem I have been finding is that prospective employers feel that my resume is very "jumpy". It is the nature of the freelance business unfortunately. When you are done with a freelance job, you just leave My uncle owns a very successful business and offered me a job, but I am really not interested in waste management, and the starting pay he is offering me is half of what I am making right now, so it would be a massive pay cut for me. I NEED ADVICE!!!!
Other - Careers & Employment - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
� !!!!!!!!!!!!!11 오케�
2 :
Get some letters of recommendation from current or former clients to add to your resume. Depending on what area you are most interested in working, find some volunteer work to do in that area. That will also demonstrate a solid background and show that you are using those skills on your resume.
3 :
One. I think you said it right, your career is not jumpy, your resume is. Small business (freelance, consulting whatever you want to call it) is the main driver of US economy. As a freelancer (your words) you are still a business owner. You begin your resume career section with the name of your business and then write out your clients and projects under that.(create a formal name for your business) Have someone help you with the resume, you have 3 years of experience competing with other freelancers and companies to make a living. You need to draw that to people's attention. Prospective employers will respect that. Make sure your freelance jobs are in the field your after. Two when the freelance job is done, the project is completed... you don't just leave. So you say in your resume... ex. 15 successfully completed projects. Third the lack of health insurance is your own consideration. If your uncle is paying you less but providing health insurance, this is no different than taking some of your business income and buying a health insurance policy yourself. Check the local Business bureau -- they have plans. A personal note, if your uncle is offering you a job, it must be you do not portray the image of a business owner. You are the same as he -- you both provide income for your living. Remember you make the decisions for your future so plan accordingly as you go forward



 Read more discussions :