Tuesday, September 16, 2008

I have two degrees from a major college however am not finding a job. Any help


I have two degrees from a major college however am not finding a job. Any help?
Three years ago I translated from a major university in America. I have two degrees Japanese and Asian Studies with a minor in International Business. I have had a job as a project manager for an international company however I quit after the employer stopped paying employees and started paying himself (to put it nicely). Now, it has been over one year and I can't seem to find a job. The area I live in doesn't have much need for a Japanese translator, therefore I have been applying for other positions. I get a lot of responses back from potential employeers however with my deep background and education, I am consistently being told I am over qualified or I will get too bored for this "simple" job. I would like to change careers however can't go back to college since I am still paying loans as it is. Plus, I don't have the money to start my own business or be a freelance translator. Any ideas of what I can do? Extended information, I am married and cannot move to a new location because my husband has a high paying position in our location. My intentions for work after college were to work for an international company in the communications department - which I have previous experience. My location does not have a high level of international corporations although it is a large city. Therefore, a new career choice is needed.
Other - Education - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
I know it sounds weird but maybe try an dumb down your resume so you don't seem over qualified and use your own judgement on if the work will be to easy for you. or you could simply look in other locations for work not so close to home although you may have to move which sounds to me like the best option Not to sound mean or cruel but what were you thinking of doing after college with those degrees anyway. not very useful in the general work world International companies would be in major cities try looking there if you really want to use your schooling
2 :
Check this out http://www.pcworkathome.net/freelancewritingjobs.html



 Read more discussions :