Monday, September 8, 2008

How do I become a succesful freelance photographer


How do I become a succesful freelance photographer?
I am 25 and want to start on my own in the world of photography. I currently hold a HND in applied photography and have 7 years experience working as a proffesional photographer. Recently my firm went bust and I now find myself in a construction job just to pay the rent. I feel I want to start out on my own but need some security/fairly decent income. Please Help!!
Careers & Employment - 6 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Take good pictures
2 :
take good photos
3 :
Buy a camera, take photos and send them to some editor of a magazine.
4 :
start going out and meeting lots of connections, from hot girls to other photogs. from there you just gotta whore yourself out, be creative and work hard! good luck :)
5 :
I think you need a camera.
6 :
A friend of mine is a freeland photographer / journalist for over 10 magazines / newspapers. She started out by taking lots of pictures of people, places, etc and writing up articles about them. After loads of interviews, etc, she finally landed her job as freelancer once a few of her photographs were noticed. It's basically the only way to do this. Oh, and buy a camera of GREAT picture quality



 Read more discussions :