Friday, September 12, 2008

Should I hire people to help me in my freelance work



Should I hire people to help me in my freelance work ?
I can't really afford it right now, but there seems to be people like my friends and relatives who need a job. I'm hiring one of my friends now but I can afford to hire anymore. There not much work anyway, but I feel bad and it would be nice if I can train them up and give them a job. Maybe if I advertise more, more work will come in then I can hire them and they can help me to cope with the workload. What do you think ? Should I upgrade my business so I can hire them ?
Small Business - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
if you have enough business go ahead and hire them part time.
2 :
My first rule of thumb, and many other business owners as well: NEVER hire friends or family. It's always a huge mistake. Are you wanting to upgarde you business just to hire someone? That's not a good motive for business expansion. If you can't afford an employee, then how can you afford to expand your business? It's always nice to have a business plan before taking the next step (it's best to have a written business plan before you even start a business), but if your motivation is to help other then you may want to file for a non-profit status, as that's what will happen. Good luck.
3 :
This very much depends on if they want work. If not, or if they don't want to work in your line of work, then you'll just be wasting time and money. Find out what they want, if they want to go on board, then upgrade the business and hire them based on their strengths



 Read more discussions :