Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Does anybody know how old you have to be to become a freelance writer


Does anybody know how old you have to be to become a freelance writer? ?
I'm currently 17 years old and in high school but I really need a job and I want to be a freelance writer but I don't know if I'm old enough. Also does anybody know of any newspapers or magazine compasnies that will accept my freelance writing if I'm old enough? Do these companies pay you for freelance writing? Does anybody know of any legit companies?
Magazines - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
There is no minimum age for freelance writing. In some cases if you need to sign a contract your parents may need to sign. There are MANY sources to sell your work. Do not let age hold you back...go for it! Here is a good starter article and starter site:
2 :
Actually, there are a few sites that insist you are at least 18 years old to write for them. Most have a cut off of 16 so you should be fine. There are a few links here that might be helpful in finding work: http://www.squidoo.com/freelance-writer-tips Also, submitting to magazines is a great idea. They pay the best and accept articles from a large demographic. Check out freelancewriting.com for a list of magazines that accept freelance submissions. Good luck