Sunday, April 1, 2012

Hello-any computer artists here? Does anyone know a fast way to learn Photoshop, Illustrator and Quark


Hello-any computer artists here? Does anyone know a fast way to learn Photoshop, Illustrator and Quark?
I'm looking for a freelance art-related job and a lot of the jobs I'm looking at want people who know these programs. I don't own these programs. Does anyone know a fast way for me to learn these programs, even though I don't own them? They want me to show work samples. Please help me out. Thank you.
Drawing & Illustration - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
There's a lot of tutorials on YouTube, that's how most people I know learned. There's probably websights that teach you too.
2 :
If you do not own the software you cannot possibly learn them, no matter how many videos you watch. You can download the software for trial periods, but you will need to buy them in order to do any freelance work (and they cost a fair amount) you could buy secondhand copies from ebay but, as a freelancer, there is a good chance you will be sent files to work with/from, if you cannot open them you will be sunk. Even with intensive online learning, I would guess that you are looking at several months before you reach a good standard (several weeks before you are competent), you would also need to know about production processes to produce artwork that will satisfy printer and client.
3 :
hey jason, i was looking to learn photoshop too and i found a site couple weeks ago. because it helped a lot i'll recommend it to others. here it is check it out: http://sites.google.com/site/photoshopinaday/ really hope it helps you. cheers




Read more discussions :