Saturday, May 28, 2011

How much should i charge as an entry level freelance designer for my first couple jobs and projects



How much should i charge as an entry level freelance designer for my first couple jobs and projects?

Programming & Design - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Good luck with figuring that out! The price that people will pay for custom freelance work nowadays is so out of whack it is not even funny... All this outsourcing to foreign countries have really hurt all of us freelancers. In my region of the country, I can charge about $50 an hour to my regular customers. I can charge up to $75 an hour for emergency work. But most people find spending more than $1.50 an hour is too much nowadays (yeah, you heard me right - a dollar fifty - what a shame, huh?).
2 :
If you've never done anything of this sort before, you'll probably have to do your first few projects for free, just to built rapport and get something on your resume.
3 :
This has a lot to do with your skill, training, and existing portfolio. In the beginning, you may want to consider quoting a flat rate for your projects so your clients are not having to pay for your learning curve. I don't believe in doing projects for free, though, because there has to be some professionalism even if you are just starting out. And no matter how inexperienced you are, always always ALWAYS take a deposit. A client who won't pay a deposit is a client who wasn't going to pay anyway



 Read more discussions :