Tuesday, May 24, 2011

How can I get into a photojournalist job


How can I get into a photojournalist job?
I have nice equipment, I have no formal training. I believe I have a good eye, and it is something I am passionate about. Even freelance not even sure how that works. Do newspapers have internships for non college students? or how does a freelance photographer work? here are some of my photo's I did of a fire if you are curious. http://www.flickr.com/photos/matty1378/sets/72157605356905164/
Media & Journalism - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Those are some great photos. You should call a local newspaper and simply ask if they are interested in current pictures you've taken. Crime and accident photos are hot sellers in the news industry. But you might only get paid per photo or per photo shoot, depending on how the paper pays. Newspapers have internships, but that would mean you don't get paid to take photos. If you don't have formal training, that doesn't mean you're not a good photographer - it just means you don't have a degree behind your name. When something happens in your neighborhood, get lots photos and call local papers. There's no harm in trying.
2 :
Freelance first, give it a shot and they may take you on. Just send around a few thumbnails and say, do you need these



 Read more discussions :