Saturday, October 8, 2011

Good freelance web design sites


Good freelance web design sites?
I have been doing freelance web and graphic design for the past three years aside from my full time job. Most of my jobs have been found through word of mouth, businesses go to the college and, when I attended there, I was notified when a business needed a website and I would complete the task. Now I have graduated, have my Graphic Design degree and Web design and authoring certificate, and my goal is to move into freelance work full time. I have an online portfolio website. How can I achieve this? What are good websites where businesses can go to post jobs for freelance designers? How else can I get my name out there?
Other - Visual Arts - 1 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Usually there are places for designers or artists online where they can place their details work portfolios websites etc so businesses can look up people etc most of these are free but you kind of have to look for them. Where i live they have one called www.thebigidea.com. The other thing you could do is contract out to other Web Design Businesses as they are usually looking for Freelance Designers to take on-board for certain projects. The best thing you could do is go to businesses within your area and basically ask them if they need a website or would like to have their current website redesigned or need any Graphic work done. Printing places are usually good for Graphic work. Make up a portfolio that has hard copies of your work in both Graphic and Web Design. Try not to give people URL's as they more than likely wont bother looking unless your their with them, most would like to see it on paper and thats usually the best way to do it. Pick only your very best works and ones you enjoyed working on. That way when you talk about them the enthusiasm from working on it will come through. Have business cards done up, do up a few brochures so if you do get approached they have something to look at which may give them some incentive to look at your website. Not everybody likes to troll the mass listings of designers. Theres A LOT of foot-work that has to be done and most of it will come from you doing it all yourself. But YOU have to be the one that goes to people not them come to you. You need them more than they need you so you have to be committed to what you want to do otherwise it can get very disheartening. Look up other Freelance Designers and ask how they got started. You have to start somewhere its just a case of where. I hope this has helped



 Read more discussions :