Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Are there any interesting things that I can do with programming


Are there any interesting things that I can do with programming?
I've looked at the freelance jobs out there but they do not appear to be interesting. I've had experience building several programs, automated data collection, games, artificial intelligence, cryptography, and some experience analyzing malware. Overall, I'm very dissatisfied with the industry... Is there anything interesting or creative that I can do? I'm think the games industry appears to be nice, but... I don't know.
Programming & Design - 5 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
You could build some kind of security software with knowledge about security, cryptography. Besides that you also have some knowledge about AI and Games, which means you can also make games which are AI based... Its not dull industry as it looks. Work for something which is open source, get yourself site like Sourceforge or Codeplex and it will help you build your software as lot of opensource developers exists there and if you make something great, chances are you will land up as a good freelancer too :) All the best.
2 :
Maybe you invent a better algorithm for some intractable problem, or for lossless compression or something. You could get your name on it. When I was in school I used to think, golly, wouldn't it be cool if there was a way to make an iterative function for any given file that would spit out that file as output as you solved the function over and over beginning with some trivial seed? Yeah that's about the kind of stupid idea I'm likely to come up with. Probably explains a lot.
3 :
you can program software like repair it and see what went wrong :)
4 :
yes. you can. can u tell me how to multiply 2 10000 digit number?? if you have any ideas, get back to me @ poramboku.me@gmail.com
5 :
Depends on what you call interesting. I've written software that flies airplanes; I've worked on a team that wrote software to automate an oil refinery; I've developed websites; I've worked on teams that developed sales force automation software; and much more. You could develop software that could put man on Mars; develop the next generation of robots that could disappear into the human race and be indistinguishable from actual people; you could create the next marketing bonanza such as pixel ads did a few years ago; you could develop software to replace Facebook with something that worked so much better, faster, and less invading of privacy; you could develop software to that correctly models the climate.... there are hundreds of thousands of possibilities. But the real question is what do you LIKE to do? And how can you use technology to achieve your hopes and dreams? It seems that you're approaching the whole thing from the wrong perspective. If you start with a hammer and ask, what can I do with this hammer, then the answers you get aren't going to be meaningful or interesting. But if you start with a dilemma that is near and dear to your own heart, and ask how to you solve this dilemma? Then you're likely to get answers that will intrigue you and interest you. And you may discover that the solution may be software or it may be something else all together. The choice is yours



Read more discussions :