Friday, March 4, 2011

I am a freelance translator and want to go to a language trade fair to find new customers



I am a freelance translator and want to go to a language trade fair to find new customers?
There will be exhibitors from translation agencies (who often outsource jobs), embassies, other companies, language schools etc. and a lot of visitors from the field, too. What's the best way to contact exhibitors or other visitors so I can get new jobs? Should I just talk to them and give them my printed CV and my business card? Advice would be great.
Other - Advertising & Marketing - 1 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
If you want to do freelance translation, go to the freelance job sites where people post short term translation jobs. I have hired many translators through those sites for various projects. If you have never used a freelance site, then there is a course that explains how they work and how to get jobs on them, I will link in the resource box. People always need a transltor for short jobs like converting a single webpage to another language, rewriting instructions or a short manual in another language etc and they post those jobs on these freelance sites. Good luck



 Read more discussions :