Saturday, March 12, 2011

I have quited my previous job to do freelancing and online trading at the same time


I have quited my previous job to do freelancing and online trading at the same time.?
After 2 years, both didn't work out for me and I am eager to return to my workforce. However, I am fearful of potential employers asking me if it was irresponsible for me to do that, i.e. I could have done all these while still working. I don't wish to include trading on my resume as employers are likely to treat it as gambling and that will fare well for me. If I don't explain well, the 2 years may seem like a significant career gap. What should I do? Would be it advisable to say that I left my previous job to pursue personal interests (which is true) - freelance design as well as development of a trading system? Would that be too lame or sound too irresponsible?
Other - Careers & Employment - 4 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
You "quited" your previous job? Hmm... Maybe you should go back to school.
2 :
That would be "I quit my previous..." It does tend to be true that employers are looking for continuous job experience.
3 :
I would recommend saying you were pursuing personal interests and things such as that. A resume is there so you can sugar coat anything thats not quite "up to par". To be honest, most people have things that sound pretty lame but decide to dress them up a little bit, and this leads them to getting the job over someone else. You are selling "YOU" to your employer, so now its time to show them your worth it. EVEN IF YOU FEEL LIKE YOUR NOT. There is no room for pessimism here. Good luck!
4 :
No, it does not sound too irresponsible. It sounds adventurous. It sounds experimental. Tell them the truth. Don't say you left your previous job or you quit your previous job. Say after working on that previous job you wanted to explore potential opportunities on the Internet



 Read more discussions :