Monday, March 28, 2011

Is it possible to get legitimate freelance writing jobs with respectable wages


Is it possible to get legitimate freelance writing jobs with respectable wages?
Hi Guys, I have been freelance writing for a couple of years now. I have a B.A. in writing and literature, as well as a writing internship under my belt. I've written for SEO companies doing copywriting, but I'm always a ghostwriter and I never get paid more than .02 cents per word. I just want to know if this is normal? Is it possible to find paying jobs that I will make more money on? I'm not greedy or looking to get rich, I just want to be able to pay my bills. Ghostwriting isn't a big deal on principle, except that I have no verifiable samples to send to potential employers, so it looks like I have no experience. Do any experienced writers have advice? What's the lowest pay per word I should be accepting? Where can I find copywriting jobs that will pay a little bit more? Thanks!
Other - Careers & Employment - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Hello, You have lots of experience and great qualifications! I would suggest you offer your services on freelance sites as there are lots of website owners who look for ghost writers. With your skills and experience you will be able to get project easily. There are also internet marketing (such as digitalpoint for example)forums but the prices there are a bit lower, but still you can try.
2 :
It's very difficult to get paid what you deserve working as a freelancer. Even if you're charging a respectable hourly wage, you just don't spend enough time working because you're always looking for more clients, projects, and jobs. Plus all the administrative overhead takes a bite out of your paycheck. Here's one web developer's experience working freelance: http://jobbullet.com/blog/2009/08/the-freelancers-trap/ Makes you think twice before leaving your day job.
3 :
I don't know how many words per article you are writing at .02 but I go to associated content and if i write an original article I can get between 5 and 8 dollars each. It would take quite a bit to make a living but it's a great part time income. Hope that helps. Good Luck



 Read more discussions :