Friday, January 20, 2012

Job hunting out of state...HELP


Job hunting out of state...HELP?!?!?
My boyfriend and I are planning a move to Raleigh, NC in late June early July. I've been looking at jobs online since about November, and I'm not sure where to start. Do I fill out applications even though I will not be there until June/July? At the moment I work for an auction advertising company doing graphic design, although auctions/real estate is not my thing, I love the design part of it. I want to continue doing this when I move, but it seems there are no openings for anyone with out a degree. I want to go to school, but don't have the money at the moment, and I have a ton of things (brochures, postcards, ads, etc.) that can show i am qualified. So question 1) when, where, and how would you suggest starting my job hunt? question 2) I don't have a degree, should i fill out an application anyways? Any advise/suggestions on out of state moving/job hunting/freelance graphic design or anything of this nature would be greatly appreciated! Would it be beneficial to put a job wanted post on craigslist?
Other - Careers & Employment - 1 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
It's a little early to fill out an application. I would wait until about 30 days prior to the move. I hope your boyfriend has a job. I wouldn't go there without a job



 Read more discussions :