Friday, July 24, 2009

Fed up of looking for job


Fed up of looking for job?
Checklist: +Got 2year College diploma. Honours, high GPA, etc. -3rd year cancelled because classmates dropped out. -All employers want skills I'd learn in Year3. So: unqualified. +Borrowed a huge student loan. -They want it back. -Estranged family. They're rich but .. y'know how gasoline and matches don't mix very well? ($0 for College. If we didn't hate eachother, I might've asked for more.) +Wealthy sister offered to help pay for everything. -But I said no. I don't want to be "that guy". I still don't. -Insomnia. -Followed by Insomnia and Insomnia-drugs. +Monster, Workopolis, Careerbuilder. -Scams involving lotion, door-to-door coupon salesman, and 'Craigs-List operator'. -Started applying for ANY job I can find. Yes, even Burger King, McDonalds, Pizza Hut, Wendy's, etc. -Nobody will hire me. NOBODY. +Does my best to stay positive. -While this brain tumor drills it's way through my brain. (Seriously, I need to go get this checked out. IDK why I'm waiting.. Aside from my somewhat rational fear of Doctors.) -Paranoid and angry. -And I'm still waiting to get paid $820 for work I did in October. I'm figuratively going to start hunting people down if they keep doing this to me!! -Applied for UEI. IDK if they'll help or not. And then I lay my gripes on YA, somebody says something like "Buck up, you'll find your dream job in no time!" Two and a half months later and I can't find a reliable job. Anywhere. (Aside from the 1 freelance job, because that was 1 time and I need more work.) Of course, stay positive. But really: How? I don't have anyone to talk to. I don't know a single person in this town, and my old friends have no idea what I'm going through. I can't admit to my family that I need help, because they WILL help and then I'll be a mooch. I just feel pathetic and tired. So now I'm just fed up. I have done everything in my power to find work. I'm willing, I'm able, I'm skilled, and I'll work for minimum. What more can I possibly do?
Other - Careers & Employment - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
maybe you should try updating your resume...I used www.resumeworld1.com and they really helped me out plus my husband is HR Manager and tells me a persons resume it what makes or breaks them.
2 :
Take it easy everything will end fine, everyone get through hard time. what you need to do assess your self, what kind of skills do you have. Then make a list of kind of job you do according to your skills and see if there is a skill you can acquire like typing speed. distribute your resume to all local employment agencies and everyday browse newspapers and employment brochure Keep and Keep applying and be prepared for interviews. Good luck



 Read more discussions :