Tuesday, July 28, 2009

What Legal Rights Do I have If I'm a Freelance Carpenter



What Legal Rights Do I have If I'm a Freelance Carpenter?
Hello I'm a freelance carpenter, and when I do jobs for people I usually don't get paid, and loose out on a lot of money, what rights do I have so I always get paid? Or is there anyway I can get some legal advice so I can chase down the people who never paid me.
Law & Ethics - 1 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Is freelance carpenter just another way to say you are an unlicensed contractor? You need to find out the requirements to be a licensed business in your city, then you will be able to sue for the money that the customers owe. As long as you are not licensed you will probably be taken advantage of by those who know they can't get away with that if they hire an licensed contractor. Good Luck



 Read more discussions :